Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quite Continental Charm School Journal-Day 5

Today's Lesson: "Winterize your skin". I found that the link to this lesson did not work from the "table of contents" post. I did a quick google search, and the link on this post will get you to the instructions on how to love your skin. Obviously, it is no longer winter, and this winter was particularly mild, here in Boston. However,  I still managed to neglect my poor epidermis, and I found this lesson to be very necessary to prepare myself for the warm weather. So, today I took the time to pamper my skin, and here are my own field notes on the process:

1. I noticed the QCCS post did not mention one very important step in the care and keeping of one's skin (and other body parts), and that is STAYING HYDRATED! I am making it my goal to drink one glass of water before and after each meal, in addition to any other times throughout the day, that I feel moved to wet my whistle.

2. I used a moisturizing/exfoliating sugar scrub from Lush on my haggard feet and legs.

3. I sealed in the moisture and protected my new delicate skin with a generous slathering of Cetaphil Cream on my legs and feet, as well as just a general coating all over my body.

4. I actually do a weekly face exfoliation (every Friday) using St.Ives Apricot Scrub. Otherwise, I wash with Cetaphil face wash.

5. My lip balm of choice is EOS. It is moisturizing without being heavy or sticky, smells GREAT, and is free of questionable ingredients. Plus, the packaging is modern and adorable!

Sometimes I am really good about taking care of and moisturizing my skin (usually during the Summer when it is on full display), and I notice then, that as long as my skin is looking healthy, I don't need to accessorize as heavily or even put on makeup. I look and feel healthy and beautiful just the way I am. I think that is the ultimate goal of this lesson, and this experience.

Before: Dry and Crackd heels

Before: Dull, ashy legs

After: Smooth and supple

After: Glowing healthy skin. Putting my best food forward, so to speak!


No comments:

Post a Comment