Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Whirlwind!

This past weekend was so crazy, I'm only now recapitulating it! I carved my Jack-O-Lantern on Thursday night, and it turned out great.
Unfortunately, he did not last through All Hallows Eve, and was smashed in the street in front of our house, apple scented Glade candle and all :o( . Such are the pit-falls of living in "Bro-ver Valley" (Clover Valley).

The residents of Plebes hosted a Halloween Fete, and we had planned to have a costume contest. Everyone was having too much fun to organize a proper pageant and voting system, so it never really materialized. Also, most people decided that my lover's costume was pretty much uncontested.
It still cracks me up to see him in MY shorts! I dressed up, but not as elaborately. I was a dashboard hula girl, complete with pinup hair/makeup, and I made a hula skirt out of crepe paper. (Just like Molly!!!)

We had blood-red punch, pumpkin/devil's food cake, deviled eggs, toasted pumpkin seeds and many other snacks. I put out stuff to make s'mores next to our fireplace and our dear friend Mike built a roaring fire so everyone could have toasty marshmallow goodness!

Sunday was spent recovering from an entirely too wild night, and on Monday I received a phone call from my family that my cousin had her first child! Christian Alexander is in da hizzouse!!! He's the first baby in our family in 13 years! We are all so excited! I cannot wait to see him and meet him in a few weeks. I will post photos as soon as they are made available to me.

This coming weekend is equally booked up! There will be a philosophy conference, the final market of the season, and a baby shower for my boss.

Oh, yes, and I will be doing my graduate applications all the while.

Also, this:

There will be a Halloween Part II post. It's rated R for Bestiality. You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment