Monday, May 18, 2009

I am the Muffin Master!

Last week I made banana muffins from scratch using my own recipe, and they turned out fantastic...so fantastic that I have decided to be "that person" and keep the recipe for myself. However, I do have another muffin journey to share. In the past, when I made the muffins from a bag (you know, the ones that say "just add milk!" ) they turn out about 3/4 of an inch tall, and dry. So I decided to use what I know about baking, and doctor them up a bit. Here is the result:


Gorgeous, right? Here's what I did:

Preheat the oven to 425 (like it says on the package)
Add 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup oil, and one egg.
Mix by hand (you know how to do muffins, ever so slightly lumpy)
Fill muffin tin with 3 tbs of batter in each well. There will only be 5 muffins, so fill the empty wells with water. That way the pan won't warp. (Oh, and if you are using liners...don't leave the empty liner in the well when you put the pan in the oven...they catch fire when you do that. It's scary- I mean, I heard it's scary. Especially when you are a teenager.)
Bake for 18 minutes.

They will be so moist, and fluffy. I know some people (like my lover) prefer really dense muffins (like those banana muffins), but if you like a nice light lemon poppy seed muffin, this is the way to go. It's a really nice and fine crumb.

P.S. All the muffins were gone within 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment