Friday, May 1, 2009

Assorted Goodies

- Yesterday was my lover's birthday, so I made him a Black Forest cake per his request and we shared it with all our friends (except one, poor thing had only 8 hours of sleep in the past 72 hours) and it was such a hit (*big smile here!!*) that it was all gone before I got a chance to take a snap shot. I wanted to get the filling and layers because, lets face it the outside of a Black Forest cake can be very nondescript. I'm very sad to not have documentation of my work...I guess I'll have to make another one very soon!

- It was my lover's turn to pick what we checked out from the Library DVD collection, and he picked Black Adder. It's a show starring Rowan Atkinson (most famously known as Mr.Bean) who plays a member of a different generation of the Blackadder family in each season. In this clip (from the second season) Lord Blackadder is having dinner with some relatives who are very strict Christians. I just so they are there to discuss what could possibly be his rather large inheritance on the same day he accepted him to a drinking contest/bet for who can handle his drink the best. In his efforts to keep the two parties separate Lord Blackadder faces some pretty funny situations.


SO FUNNY!
Also, Hugh Laurie plays some pretty humorous, non-House-like characters which are pure gold.

- Finally, I have just seen that Zoe has mentioned me in her blog, and I couldn't be more pleased! I'm going to get real here for a moment...I screamed like I had won the lottery. Not only was I surprised to find that ANYBODY read my little fledgling blog, but that it was the author of Glorious Nonsense, which is the first blog I ever read on a regular basis (I've been a fan since the A Boy Wearing Makeup post.) Zoe, you made my day. :o)

1 comment:

  1. ooh that black forest cake sounds yummy
    it makes me want to bake a special dessert right now hmmm...i think getting hungry!

    thanks for mentioning me on your lovely blog :)
    you are too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete