Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rain + Sunshine = Rainbows

The rain here is so depressing. Back home it's quick and forceful, sometimes exhilarating. Here it just lingers, and sputters. It's not even worth using an umbrella over yet it stays for two or three days at a time so it's enough to get everything just wet enough to be miserable. Add that to the fact that it's 20-30 degrees colder here than it is back home, and I would guess that stepping outside would feel like what I imagine how walking through a ghost would feel.
Although our apartment is cozy, and full of love, some aspects are a little less than sunny lately. My lover has so much work to do, he's working on his third all nighter in a row and I am not feeling very well. I woke up this morning to find I had slept yet another night alone in bed, and he had spent it in our office. The weather sucked, and I had not done last night's dishes...blah. I had fully intended on going to the bathroom and going straight back to bed. But my lover had other plans...
He was grinning ear to ear to see me awake, which immediately made me forget about my previous complaints. He could have stopped there, but he didn't. He pulled out a copy of Radiohead's Rainbows, which he had acquired during a study break last night! THEN he made our breakfast while we listened to it!! I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I know I have a lot to do to return his beautiful favors!

No comments:

Post a Comment