Thursday, April 16, 2009

It was finally sunny today, and I spent a good bit of it sitting in a camping chair on the balcony. I love my new home. I love the flowers, the mountains, the small town vibe, the low humidity, the fact that it's not stiflingly hot. Just enjoying the sun was something I would do back home...except it would be in one of those zero gravity chairs between the pool and the palm trees. *sighs* Today was so nice, but the minute the sun went down my daydreams were over.

I guess this is what they call being homesick? It's mid-April but we aren't firing up the blender, the grill, and the Bob Marley albums on the patio. What gives? Tonight, I feel every inch of the 1,000 miles I am from home.


For the record...I had a fabulous day, and I'm about to take tea on the balcony with my lover. Just had to end this on a positive note. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment