Monday, April 20, 2009

I visited with one of my college roommates today, Brittany. We are to fabulous for our own good when we get together. She lives 5 minutes outside the nearest big city...I live an hour away. But I was in town interviewing at a local hospital so I called her up and I'm SO glad I did. Today just proved how lucky I am to have someone from my past be close to me in a place so far from home.


Anyway, we met at a train museum which is located in a tunnel that connects the center of downtown to a beautiful old hotel. As far as I know, this hotel has not been on Great Hotels, but it seriously needs to be. We then walked about a bit and settled into a local cafe for a pot of Russian black tea to catch up. She's the only person I know with a similar thought/conversation pattern to my own. We constantly interrupt for fabulous and tragic passerby, and return to topics from three interruptions ago. We then drove around in the surrounding neighborhoods and looked at mansions which are known to host glamorous benefit balls. We ended up at a Cheeburger, Cheeburger. I ate a (larger than) quarter pound burger with lettuce, tomato, coleslaw and ketchup; an embarrassing quantity of french fries; aaaaaannnnnndddd a size "half" coconut cream pie flavored milkshake (Which was 12 oz...who drinks a 24 oz MILKSHAKE???) It was my first meal of the day...so I was starving. Now I'm in pain. Like "my stomach is so full it's pressing on my kidneys and giving me back pain", pain.


Dinner conversation included: Gushing over Paris, Je T'Aime, not being from here, the embarrassment of being set up with an engaged pastor, why it is necessary for best friends to have completely different taste in potential mates, the hypocrisy of telling a friend she would look like Fergie in a bathing suite modeled after the Giraffe print Dooneys while carrying a zebra print tote that could approx. 30 lbs of schtuff, and hard core hiking. Like I said, too fabulous for our own good.


It was fun, and I love her. I can't wait for her to come out to my podunk town so we can shake (Ugh...shakes.) things up a bit here. I have already purchased an adorable top for the occasion.
And now, please enjoy this photo of us in our dorm. Good times.


1 comment:

  1. Oh yay! Sounds like the perfect day for you, love! I can't believe you ate all that food. I remember your anti-anything-that-tastes-good-and-is-bad-for-you-days and I'm absolutelty terrified of the lecture THAT Nissa wants to give THIS Nissa, haha.

    How was the interview????
    Expect mail soon.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete