Monday, March 16, 2009

The Reader

**Warning: Comments will be limited to shallow nonsense to avoid spoilers**

Did you like it?
YES!

Anything you didn't like?
The beginning was slow. I never thought I would find gratuitous sex boring...but I did. (Was it gratuitous? Perhaps I'm just a Puritanical American...which I usually think is the case. I'm working on it, I promise.)

Anything you particularly liked?
WARDROBE, WARDROBE, WARDROBE!!! Also, there were scene's in Michael's law school seminar I found poignant as social commentary on Post-Holocaust West Germany, which is usually not mentioned in American history classes. I actually wished there were more "law school" scenes.

Would you recommend it to friends?
Yes. It's a solid view. All of the acting was fantastic, and the story was thought/discussion provoking (evidenced by discussions with my date/lover) while being palatable. You know how some movies are moving and thought provoking, but too much to be enjoyable to watch...yeah, that didn't happen here. The story of the characters is almost to simple...but if you watch it with some historical background it's good.

p.s. I'm really sad there are no photos of my favorite clothing in the movie. There is one female law student, and her clothes are FANTASTIC! If anyone finds some please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment