Sunday, March 22, 2009

Make yourself free, let yourself grow...

After I complete all the other tasks on my daunting list of "neat, crafty things I'd like to do", I have decided that this will be my next really big project: http://www.casasugar.com/2953131

I have had gardening on the brain ever since the sun started working overtime again. I think peas, tomatoes, spinach, onions and carrots would be all be good candidates, since that is what we eat the most of and they are reported to be very easy to grow. I would love to grow my own strawberries too. I don't know how many people know this, but I know that strawberries are like sponges. When you wash them, they soak up all the water and the flavor gets diluted. To preserve their flavor, I wipe them individually with a damp cloth...but if I could grow them myself, then I could just eat them and not go through all the trouble. No chemicals or animal excrement (we don't live in a ground level apartment). Just strawberries as nature intended. mmmm....

1 comment:

  1. sounds delightful. I have this strange desire to learn how to can fruits and vegetables. My mother has the same. It must be one of those weird things like she craved potato everything in her pregnancy and now I can't seem to stay away from them.

    Anyway, I'm currently thinking of making a terrarium. They look fascinating! Your own little eco-system in a jar. Hurray!

    ReplyDelete