Monday, August 15, 2011

Bread of the Week: Harvest Grain


I hope to make this a regular feature, so I'll be more likely to keep up with the bread baking. This first week, I made a whole-wheat harvest grain bread.


I used the recipe for 10-grain bread in Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day, but I substituted King Arthur Flour's Harvest Grainsfor the Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain Cereal. I think the Harvest Grains require less water than Bob's mix, but I just made up the difference by adding some extra flour until I got it to a nice consistency.


I just made a small 1 lb loaf, because it's just the two of us. We want to be able to eat it all before it goes stale.
My very favorite thing to do with fresh, crusty, savory breads is to make really gorgeous grilled cheese sandwiches. I think that Baby Swiss in the fridge will do quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment