Monday, September 12, 2011

Meanwhile, at the "Welcome Table"

My Aunt just got married over Labor Day weekend! My Mom and I were honored to be asked to be part of the wedding, even if it was in a small way. We were completely in charge of "the guestbook", which turned into the guestbook and gift table, which turned into a personalized picture frame with autographs of guests surrounding a photo from the happy couple's engagement session, and then some!

We made personalized wish cards so people could write wishes or advice to Whitney and Will on their big day, and they could put them in the smaller bird cage on the left. They could put the cards they brought with gifts into the larger cage on the left. (Oh, and that's my fellow tablescape artist, my mom!)


After the ceremony, we moved all the stuff to table inside. (Not too keen on the black table cloth, but eh! Who cares? We were too busy having a great time! ) You can see the pretty bows and signs my mom made! My mom and I used Skype a lot to collaborate on the designs for the signs and the wish card.


We sent the cards out to be printed after we came up with a design we liked, but they weren't cut straight, so we cut them ourselves. My mom found this really great John Lennon quote for the backs of the cards.

It was a fun project and I was glad to be a part of their day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment