Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Celebrity Playlist

I like to do this from time to time, when I realize I'm listening to the same 10-15 songs over and over again.

Cherry Blossom Girl- Air: Requisite for candle lit bubble baths. This song makes me want to wear something a French Ballerina would wear on her way to rehearsal.

Heartbeats- The Knife: I first heard this song at a college spring recital. I went home to download it immediately. I had never heard anything like it before or since. Oh, and that cover which is getting all sorts of notice was a disappointment.

Superstar- Lupe Fiasco: I love this man. In my eyes, he can do no wrong. His music is smart, in every sense of the word. Love the samples, the lyrics, the message, all of it. This is a good one to listen to while getting ready to go out. It usually results in a perfectly polished look for me.

Good Times- Brazilian Girls: Instant party. Plus the lyrics make me laugh.

Golden Telephone- Micachu and the Shapes: As I've stated in previous posts...this is my jam.

Sea Legs- The Shins: This is one of those songs that I've listened to on repeat for an hour. It's a song about sex that is so...right, real, and romanticized that it's not even the least bit guilt inducing, even in this puritanical American culture.

DVNO- Justice: I can't help but shake my belt to this one. It's so good it makes something as terrible as doing the dishes feel like a dance party.

Hush Boy- Basement Jaxx: Among many exemplary traits, Neil Patrick Harris has perfect taste in music. I heard this on his celebrity playlist on iTunes . Hearing that playlist was what made me fall in love with him. There are so many things thwarting the possibility of a relationship, I don't even think the fact that he's gay even matters.

I'm Ready- Kano: My current favorite from my catalog of childhood music. It changes weekly. My parents are so cool.

Ghetto Musick- Big Boi (Outkast): A contemporary homage to the music of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment