Friday, November 5, 2010

Ear Muffs

I think I have really low set ears or something, because it's really hard for me to find hats that sufficiently protect my ears from the cutting Boston wind without nearly covering my eyes! I think I have found the perfect solution. Item number one on my current wish list?

Ear muffs!

If you have $1255 to blow and you don't have any problem with using animal fur, these are quite pretty.

I'm actually have a bit of trouble finding them for sale in stores , so I've done a little looking around and I found this really cute DIY method:



She uses a sewing machine, but I think ear muffs are small enough to sew by hand if you (like me) do not own a sewing machine. (YET! This would be item number 2 on my wish list.) I bet with this method and a bit of patience and a decent ribbon/ sparkle stash, a reasonable faux fur facsimile of the Lavin ear muffs could be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment