Thursday, August 6, 2009



I'm sure everyone has at least stopped in at Oh, Mishka since she has been honored as a Blog of Note. She recently wrote a post called getting to know you. She said to share anything you like, but I thought her list of little facts was so cute, so I'll just stick with responding directly to the facts she shared about herself.
My Name is Nissa.

I haven't said where I live on my blog yet, I think I'll keep it that way for kicks and giggles. BUT, I can say that in alphabetical order, I have lived in: Alaska, Florida, Texas, and Virginia.

This week, in my spare time I cooked vegetarian dishes for my new roommate and his girlfriend, went for leisurely bike rides, ate a pound of dried fruit, played board games, FINALLY saw the rest of Monty Python's Meaning of Life and painted my nails white, a la Gwen Stefani.

I am a Senior Intern for a baker at my local farmers market. My internship is really more of an apprenticeship, since I'm not getting any credit for it. But, I will be prepared to start my own stand at the market next season. I also make gourmet cakes, which she lets me sell by the slice at our stand. ( The picture above is one of one of my very first cakes. This week I was lazy and just made a traditional southern cake: Coconut.) I write a blog about my experiences there too.

Back home (I call my parents' house "home" and the place where I live now "the townhouse".) I have a Samoyed named Fuji. He is also known as "Pure Sunshine", "Love", "Rico Suave", and "Pup-Pup" just to name a few of his aliases. I think if he could talk, he would sound like Tim Gunn.

I have a Special Beau (Fiance), who is a philosopher. We are high school sweet hearts, and we met at band camp... my instrument is flute, his is trombone.Yes, we have seen American Pie. No, we are not into that sort of thing.

So...that's me according to her format. This was totally self indulgent/narcissistic, but you gotta do that once in a while, right? :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment