Monday, January 2, 2012

What is Your Dream?

Yesterday, someone challenged me to ask myself "What is your dream?" and to answer with the utmost honesty and to begin to take action immediately at the start of this new year.  I like to think I'm pretty open and honest in general, so this would be easy. Especially in a culture consumed by social networking, it seems like there are no secrets. But in fact, even this blog, as public as it could be, remains the equivalent of a homestead on the prairie in the 19th century. A few close people follow, a few strangers stumble through. I value this space as a way to have some record of myself unfiltered by the thought, "Would I say this in front of my grandmother?"  So, in this place, free of the threat of henpecking from loving relatives, I give you my dream for myself in 2012:


  • To be employed making at least $800 a week, working in public health, by the time I graduate. 
  • Have a wedding date set for next year. 
  • To get my passport and drive to Canada
  • To truly join my family with Brad's (That includes coming out with my religious beliefs.)
  • USE THAT SEWING MACHINE!
  • To run the Charles River trail from my neighborhood to the Esplanade with Brad and my dad running along side me, and my mom on her bike. 
  • Make my home/ life a center for community

One of my favorite pictures from Christmas- Brad and I like to go to a quiet pond nearby, to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. I always feel refreshed and ready to face new challenges after going there. Just like I'm ready to face this new year! 


If you feel like you would like to share your dreams for yourself in my little patch of quiet in the internet, my comments box is always open. I promise not to henpeck, although I'll probably congratulate you on a particularly beautiful dream. Happy New Year! Good Luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment