Monday, July 5, 2010

It was grand and glorious

July 4th was notable, to say the least. Yesterday I:

  • Enjoyed blueberry pancakes made by my lover, with fresh whipped cream.
  • Went on a geocaching hike that got a little out of control. It was supposed to take an hour and a half, but we got lost and the hike lasted for 4 hours! Poor Lover got stung by a bee and I fell and scraped my knee. We survived though...barely. :o)
  • Celebrated our return to civilization with chicken tenders, fries, Cherry Coke, a gallon of water, Gatorade and Slurpees.
  • Hosted an impromptu grill out complete with grilled, local corn on the cob!
  • Made home made blueberry shortcake (again with fresh whipped cream) for dessert.
  • Watched the town fireworks from the comfort of a giant blanket in my back yard surrounded by friends and fireflies.
Today, I'm just recovering. The famous Drew and Lydian are to arrive tomorrow! I think we'll have a private concert in our home on Wednesday! SO EXCITING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment